La Romana OpenSaturday 2019: The Caribbean’s National Safety and Cyber-Security Meet-up
The event gathers national professionals from both areas to talk about their experiences, exchange ideas and propose new solutions for situations that will make a mark on our future.
Open Saturday, an initiative started at the Dominican Republic in order for young professionals to exchange knowledge regarding Free Open Secure Software tools and to optimize the quality of tech services, will celebrate its yearly meeting to discuss National Security and Cyber Crime this next Saturday, April 13th at La Romana.
The event will offer over 10 talks and conferences on the subject of technology and the way to integrate solutions in that area, from the hand of professionals and experts in both fields, with the support of operative directors in key areas when it comes to safety and citizen protection.
Among the attending specialists, you will find:
- Alfredo Lajara– The man in charge of the 911 National System of Emergency Attention and Safety’s Forensic Video department.
- Elkin Valenzuela Mateo– Man in charge of the National Police’s Department of High-Tech Crime Investigation’s forensic information tech division (D.I.C.A.T).
- Cesar Moline – Cyber-Security, Electronic Commerce and Digital Signatures director at the Dominican Republic’s branch of telecommunication regulation (I.N.D.O.T.E.L.)
- Carlos Leonardo – Answering director when it comes to cyber-incidents (C.S.I.R.T.-R.D.) at the National Cyber-Security Center.
- Magistrate Iván Vladimir Feliz Vargas – Chairman of the Specialized Office Against High-Tech Crime (P.E.D.A.T.E.C.).
- Rafael Núñez Aponte – Better known as RaFa Hacker or RaFa White Hacker, an ethical hacker from Venezuela who directs both MásQueDigital and MásQueSeguridad, and internationally-recognized Information Technology Safety expert.
Besides the talks, the events will also offer raffles, contests, gifts, scholarships, books and a great deal of informative material on the subject of safety and technology.